Vegan Watermelon Boba with a twist of lime and Tajin! Who doesn’t love boba? Actually my husband, he dislikes boba but that means more for me. This watermelon boba slushie is great on a hot summer day. I found boba at my local Japanese market here in Los Angeles and never tried making it at home before. Although it wasn’t difficult, it takes awhile to cook on the stove so give yourself some time if you’re craving some boba. I think you can make it and set in the fridge but I haven’t tried that myself. I used it right away because I was so excited. This is a non alcholic version but I won’t judge if you decide to. spike this!
It took me years to try Tajin, I was never against it but I was clueless on how amazing it was! Naturally, I’m now obsessed with Tajin and trying to get creative using it in recipes. I love all things fruit and I think I’m going to try a strawberry kiwi slushie next time. Let me know your favorite way to use Tajin in the comments!
VEGAN WATERMELON BOBACourse: DrinksDifficulty: Easy
1 Cup watermelon
3/4 Cup Boba
Handful of Ice
- Cook boba according to package, this takes about 60 min
- Once boba is cooked, blend watermelon and ice to make a slushie
- On a plate, sprinkle Tajin and coat cup rim with coconut nectar (or anything sticky like agave) and dip cup into Tajin
- Add boba and slushie, if the boba is still hot it may melt a bit but watermelon juice is still good! Let boba cool to avoid this.
- Add your lime wedge and enjoy!
- I liked this recipe so much I’m going to try all the fruits eventually! You can blend up your favorite fruit to make this but I LOVE watermelon with the tajin
- I made this for myself but be sure to double or tripple this recipe if you make this to share