This recipe for Vegan Scalloped Potatoes is quick to prepare and very comforting. This would be good on its own or with added topping such as some vegan bacon. Using Miyokos Liquid Mozzarella as a top layer for extra cheezy goodness! The bottom half of cheeze sauce is a simple homemade roux and a handful of vegan cheddar shreds as I had extra on hand anyway. The reason I split the sauce is because the Miyokos gives it a great browning however I didn’t want to use it for the entire dish because that’s just a lot (it’s supposed to be for pizza anyway). I have used the Miyokos Liquid Mozzarella on both Mac and cheeze and mashed potatoes with great success so I thought scalloped potatoes should be next!
It’s not often I make a roux so please fill free to use your tried and true version and use this post as inspiration. I am not a recipe creator but I eye ball nearly everything I make and if it taste good to my husband and I, then were good to go. For this recipe I tried to keep it simple because I had other things to make with dinner. Please note, I purposely did not make this as creamy and saucy as other recipes because that’s what the Miyokos Liquid Mozzarella is for. If you decide to leave this product out, try adding some more vegetable broth and plant milk.
As always, If you tried this recipe please let me know and tag me on Instagram here! Thank you
Vegan Scalloped PotatoesCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
4 Large Russet Potato
4 Tablespoon of vegan butter
1/4 Cup Plant Milk
1/4 Cup Vegetable broth
3-4 Tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon Garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
Miyokos Liquid Mozzarella (about 1/4Cup)
Optional extra cheese of choice. Handful of plant based cheddar.
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Thinly slice potato and layer into a lightly oiled baking dish.
- On Medium Low heat, add butter to a skillet until melted and whisk in flour for 3-4 min.
- Add plant milk and vegetable broth and stir until the sauce is thickened. Stir in spices and extra cheeze shreds if using.
- When the sauce is done pour over the potato and drizzle a generous amount of the Miyokos Liquid Mozzarella.
- Bake covered with foil for 30min and uncovered for an additional 20-25min. If you want the Miyokos to really brown, you can up the heat at the end but please keep an eye on this dish to not burn the potato.