This Vegan Philly Cheesesteak made with fresh veggies and a warm cheese sauce. The seitan is my easy seitan recipe. I cut some corners and used a Daiya cheese packet adding my own flavor before serving. The best cheesesteaks are the messy ones! When making these, serve with chips or fries like the restraunts do! I served these with my favorite Pigout Pigless Porkrinds.
The trick to a good cheesesteak is cutting the seitan and veggies as thick as you can. I have a fear of mandolin slicers, if you are able to use one it’s recommended to slice the veggies. I would not reccomend slicing the seitan loaf with a mandolin because it can be tricky. A big knife will work just fine. If you have a cast iron skillet to cook with it will add a nice brown, but you can use high heat in a regular skillet to get the same result. I used a large skillet in order to fit the seitan at once.
How many cheesesteaks you want to make is entirely up to you. My seitan recipe makes one loaf which is more than you would need for four servings. You can either use the entire loaf or save the other half of your loaf for another recipe. The seitan stays in the fridge for up to a week.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS
VEGAN PHILLY CHEESESTEAKCourse: Dinner, Recipe, Seitan
1/2 seitan loaf
Bread of choice
1 bell pepper
3 Tbl Vegan Worcestershire
3 Tbl Water
1 package of mushrooms
1 can of hatch chili peppers
1 Daiya cheese packet
- Slice veggies and seitan thin
- Heat skillet on high heat and add the veggies. Cook for 3-4min
- Add seitan slices, worcestershire and water. mix well. Cook until seitan is warm again, about 2 minutes.
- Heat cheese sauce in small sauce pan on LOW. This doesn’t need to be cooked, only warmed to serve.
- I added jalapeño and jalapeno juice to my cheese sauce to make it extra spicy!
- Add cheese slices of choice and warm the buns for extra cheese sandwiches!