Vegan Pesto and Gnocchi with zoodles is a delicious and healthy meal. This is something you can prep ahead of time to make it much easier to assemble for dinner and throw in the oven.
I used homemade vegan pesto which is incredibly easy to make. For this recipe I made a double batch because I’m feeding four very hungry people. The double batch made plenty to cover my dish and then some. You can watch me make the pesto and tofu ricotta or Click Here for my recipe. In the recipe below, you can always replace these homemade options with store bought pesto and ricotta to make this dish just as delicious.
Gnocchi is generally vegan but I always double check when purchasing. It is a potato dumpling that goes great with pasta sauce and pasta like meals. For this recipe I made two packages that boil in 1 min and it fed my very hungry family.
Zoodles are spiralized zucchini. They tend to let out a lot of water, I suggest placing them on a towel or paper towel with salt for a few minutes before assemble the dish to bake.
I topped this dish with some extra pine nuts and a sprinkle of vegan parmesan cheese! My favorite brand so far has been Follow Your Heat shredded parm or Violife parm that comes in a block.
Vegan Pesto Gnocchi and ZoodlesDifficulty: Easy
1-1/2 Cup Vegan Pesto Homemade or store bought
2 Packages Gnocchi
4 Zucchini Spiralized
1 Bunch Broccoli or Broccolini
Store bought or homemade vegan ricotta
Pine nuts and vegan parmesan
- Pre heat oven to 375F
- Spiralize the zucchini and set on a towel with salt.
- Cook Gnocchi according to package and toss in a bowel with a small amount of the pesto
- In a baking dish, spread some pesto on the bottom just enough to cover reserving the rest to layer
- Layer the rest, according to your liking. I layered some ricotta, gnocchi, zoodles, pesto and broccoli covering each layer generously with pesto.
- Uncovered, Bake for 20-25min or until broccoli is cooked through.
- Add pine nut and parmesan topping and enjoy. If you are using store bought ricotta you can add salt, pepper and chili flakes to this dish (I use it in my homemade ricotta).