There is NO wrong way to make and enjoy Nachos! Especially VEGAN nachos. I put together this quick nacho inspiration with my husband the other night and it turned out great so I wanted to share.
Using some of my favorite brands, you can always replace with homemade stuff or your own favorite brands. I used black beans, tempeh, bell pepper and the classic toppings.
The tempeh and beans make this recipe filling with plenty of protein. I used a simmer sauce that I had on hand but olive oil and spices would work just fine as well.
SHARING IS CARING! If you plan on making this for more then two, I suggest doubling the recipe. Although it makes plenty, you’ll want extra.
Vegan NachosCourse: Recipe, Tempeh
1 Block Tempeh
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Can Black Beans
Pinch of Cumin, Red pepper flakes and bay leaf
Mexican Flavor Simmer Sauce or Olive oil and spices
Toppings such as Jalapeños, Sour Cream, Olives, Guacamole and CHEESE!
- Cook your beans on Med/Low with 1/2 Cup (more as needed) water, Cumin, Red Pepper Flakes and Bay leaf. Simmer for 10-15min adding more water when it seems to dry.
- Pre-heat your oven to 400F
- Chop your Tempeh, Mushrooms and Bell Pepper and add it to a skilled on Med heat. When everything starts to cook down, add the simmer sauces (or your favorite spice mix) and mix well.
- Add the cooked beans to your mix and turn off the heat. Mix well.
- Lay your chips onto a baking sheet layering the cheese, nacho mix and bake for 10-15min keeping an eye on it.
- Top with your favorite topping. enjoy and share.
- I use Violife Cheese Shreds because they melt well. You can make a nacho cheese sauce or replace with your favorite vegan brand.
- I like my nachos spicy and added Jalapeño from a jar before I baked the nachos.
- This recipe would be good with cooked Quinoa or rice added to the mixture.