This is my favorite recipe for a mushroom black bean burger because it takes less than 20min to prepare and makes dinnertime so much easier. The reason I like these so much is because the base of the patty can be adjusted to whatever flavor of burger you may be cooking later. My husband isn’t much of a cook but he likes to make these to take to work because the patty tastes good on its own. Sometimes I put leftovers in a quesadilla as well.
Below is a YouTube video showing how easy these are to make. Remember, this is only the patty so assembling a burger is all up to you! I love making a vegan bacon guac burger but I’m also big on a plain cheeseburger too. Again, the main reason I like these is the fact I can make them ahead of time making dinner time a breeze heating these up.
As always, if you make these let me know or tag me on instagram here. I know this is a vegan blog but I think a mushroom burger is something anyone can enjoy once in awhile.
Mushroom Black Bean Burger PattyCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 8oz Mushroom (baby bella or portobello)
1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumb
1/2 cup TVP
1 clove garlic
1 can 15oz black beans
1 – 1/2 tsp lemon juice
Flax egg (1 TBL Flax meal + 3 TBL Water
spices of choice, I used paprika, salt, pepper and liquid aminos
- Prepare flax egg and set aside
- Chop the washed mushroom into very small pieces, use a food processor if you’d like
- Heat a skillet to medium and add mushroom, cooking for 4-6 min or until waster has cooked off
- Add garlic clove, spices and liquid aminos halfway through and stir
- Rinse the black beans and add to a large bowl, add Panko and TVP
- Add the cooked mushroom to the bowl of black beans and add the lemon juice and flax egg
- Using your hands or potato masher, mix well breaking down the black beans well. You may need to let this cook first if using your hands.
- Prepare a dish that fits in your freezer, form patties and let rest in fridge to firm up
- When its time to eat, cook the patty on a skillet for about 3 min on each side or until hot in the middle
- Change up the seasoning to your taste. I made this video to help make a patty that holds up well and provides more nutrition than a store bought one.