Pigout Pigless Porkrind crusted tofu is the perfect match of spices and crunch to take your tofu game to the next level!!! If anybody has ever told you they don’t like tofu, they haven’t tried these! What are Pigout Pigless Porkrinds you ask? They are vegan pork rinds that come in a variety of flavors. If you can’t find them, you can use panko crumbs infused with some cayenne or spice of choice.
HOW TO MAKE CRUSTED TOFU
I’m using Pigout Pigless Porkrinds to crust tofu strips.
Honestly unsure how I feel about the flax to bind these. It’s far healthier, taste perfectly fine but it doesn’t hold SUPER well. I would still use it again but be more careful handling the coating.
I pulsed the rinds in my food processor to crush them quicker.
Cooking these in the air fryer at 380F is what I’ve found works best. Keep in mind, all air fryers are different. It worked out just fine and I kept my eye on them for about 10-14 minutes. Spray the strips with oil before frying.
CRUSTED TOFUCourse: Dinner, Recipe, Tofu, UncategorizedDifficulty: Easy
1 block firm tofu
3 to 4 TBSP flax meal
3 to 4 TBSP hot water
1 cup of crushed piglets rinds — or panko crumbs
- Pre-heat air fryer to 380F
- Mix the flax with the hot water, set aside in a shallow dish
- Rinse and pat dry the tofu
- Cut the tofu into desired shape
- Dip the tofu into the flax mixture
- Then dip the tofu into the rinds, pressing firmly.
- Spray with a generous amount of oil (I used olive oil)
- Place in air fryer for 10 to 14 minutes, no need to flip them.
- I used pigless pork rinds, you can use any coating of your choice. Just make sure it is crumbled enough to ‘stick’ to the tofu.
- For the spay oil, I used olive oil spray, I’ve found that any spray oil will work.
Looks amazing !!!