Easy baked Spanish rice that is perfect to fill a burrito or spice up your meal served as a side. I use my rice cooker for most of my meals but this bakes in the oven and give it a nice fully finished rice. While the pre packaged rice can be convenient, making your own is a healthier choice. The fresh ingredients come through and brighten up any dish you serve with this.
BAKED SPANISH RICE
2 Cup brown rice
1 Chopped Shallot or 1/2 Onion
1 Roma tomato
2-2 Chopped garlic
1 Cup Water
1 Jalapeno (seeds optional!)
1 1/2 Cup Veggie or Vegan Chicken broth
1 1/2 Tbsp Oil
1 Tbsp Tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Add the chopped Onion, Garlic, Tomato and jalapeño to a food processor and combine until mixed add broth and water to heat in a pan on Med/low
- Add the rice to a large baking dish, I used 9X13 and drizzle with oil
- Pour heated mixture over the rice, cover with foil and bake for 45-60 min.
- You can replace the water with more broth. I cook mine with water to keep the sodium down
- ADD SOME VEGGIES! I don’t add any peas or corn because I normally cook many veggies in my meals. If you have some corn I highly recommend adding it when the rice is finished cooking.
- Spicy friends, add some extra jalapeño or chipotle in adobo for some added heat!