Baby Bella Taco bites are a great way to change up a Taco Tuesday or serve as an appetizer! Using your favorite faux meat, a few veggies and spices makes for a quick meal. I served this with chips, guacamole and salsa for a filling meal. I would suggest using larger portabella mushroom but my grocery store has been all out.
Taco Tuesday is by far my favorite day of the week. I could eat vegan tacos everyday because there are so many different varieties you can create. Sometimes though, a craving for a classic stuffed mushroom hits and that’s why I created a taco stuffed mushroom using very large Baby Bella’s. I used Impossible ground meat because it seems to always be on sale where I live but you can replace that with whatever you’d like. This recipe had a good amount of taco filling leftover you can use for tacos, salads or stuff more mushrooms. The amount I made was plenty filling for a two person dinner make it a great vegan meal.
As always, if you give this recipe a try please tag me on IG; @kittens_and_kale
Baby Bella Taco BitesDifficulty: Easy
16oz Baby Bella mushroom
1 Package of Impossible Ground or vegan meat
1 Jalapeno (optional)
1 Roma Tomato
1/2 Onion or 1 small Shallot
2-3 Garlic Cloves
2 Tbl Chile in adobo (spicy, optional)
1 Tbl olive oil
Pinch of the following spices; Ground Clove, AllSpice, Cinnamon, Cumin, Oregano, Salt and Pepper
- Wash mushrooms and de-stem, setting the stems aside and lining the mushroom caps on a baking sheet
- Dice the Onion, Garlic, Jalapeño and chop the remaining stems.
- Mix together spices and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet adding the oil to medium high. Add the diced vegetables and cook for 2-3min.
- Add the Impossible meat and cook until brown. Add spices and chipotle in adobo and cook until it looks done (about 3-4min)
- Turn heat off and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 400F and assemble the mushrooms filling each cap with the taco filling, setting any leftovers aside. Cheese is optional at this point but I did not need it for mine. Bake mushrooms for 20min and enjoy.